English teachers, if you're wanting a side gig or full-time online business, this service is right up your alley. (It took me a minute to resist saying, “write” up your alley!) Deiera Bennett started her copywriting business after leaving the classroom as a secondary-level business marketing, career development, and personal finance teacher. As an English teacher, you have the writing and research skills needed to learn how to writing winning resumes or sales copy that converts. Deiera has the business and marketing background and solid advice you need to start your successful and sustainable side gig or full-time business.
Deiera did her research and started writing resumes for teachers who, like her, were transitioning out of the classroom into the education technology. She also plays the other side of that field by writing copy for the EdTech companies who are also looking to hire teachers.
In this episode, Deiera answers questions about how to start a copywriting business:
- How do you figure out what kind of business to start?
- How do you choose the right target market?
- What are the best strategies for determining your pricing?
- How do you help your clients see the monetary value in your work?
- Where is the best place to find copywriting clients online?
- How do you pre-sell your services?
- What kind of research should you do when starting a copywriting business?
- Do you need your own website to be a copywriter?
You can reach Deiera through her websites and social media below: